A Pinterest Win

I absolutely love Pinterest! It's a brilliant way to take the old-school vision board (remember when we had to tear out pages of magazines?) and turn it into something digital you can take anywhere. Yes, sometimes it's a giant time suck like every other social media site. But only if you let it. If you limit how much time you spend browsing, you won't waste away the entire day pinning recipes you'll never make or directions on how to create the perfect smoky eye that'll just turn into raccoon eyes when you try it on yourself.

When I Pinterest (Yeah, I just made it a verb), I have a focus for every session I'm on the site. If I'm feeling a little low and need a pick-me-up, I'll look for inspirational quotes that make me pause. If I'm feeling lazy and need motivation, I'll look for new workout ideas. If I'm feeling creative, I'll look for new craft ideas.

Often, you see statuses crop up on Facebook about Pinterest "fails." A friend of mine recently said she no longer bothers with Pinterest, because everything she did never looked like the pictures. Nothing ever turns out the same way we see it online, because we all have our own style. And that's the beauty of Pinterest... it can inspire us and guide us to making something our own, with our personal spin. I'll find something cool and interesting, and make it work for me. And it's nothing like the picture on Pinterest, because it's a Stacey creation. And that's just the way I like it.

So, in that spirit, here's today's Pinterest "win." I found this painting, and while I didn't really like the background or the colors, or even the way the branches were designed, I really liked the concept.


I took a blank canvas, and started with the tree:


Then, I added leaves, using a variety of shades of green to help it look a little more realistic. And because I loved watching Bob Ross' painting show on TV when I was growing up, I created leaves in his fashion, complete with the "wispy" sound effects and the same style fan brush. Just because I could. :)


And since I really loved the idea of the swing, I added that in next. To finish it off, I added the heart on the swing. I'm not sure what it means to me yet, but I couldn't leave it out for some reason. I left the painting without the heart for a little while, debating about whether to add it. In the end, I knew I needed to add it, and I'll figure out what it means to me later.



My initials are leaned against the base of the tree, taking a rest, because hanging out in nature is the best way to spend my time!

Comments

  1. Great painting! I love how it turned out! I like the kicked-back initials too!! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From My Childhood

My 40-before-40 Goals