My 40-before-40 Goals


When I turned 39 back in September, I decided that I wanted to spend the next 365 days trying to stay focused on living my life with more intention and purpose than ever before. So I spent the past two months crafting and refining my 40-before-40 goals, a list of the 40 things I want to accomplish before I turn 40 in 2019.

I'm ridiculously good at crafting lists upon lists upon lists of goal-setting... it's my jam. However, I'm not always so good at actually accomplishing said goals. Because of this, it was important to me that the list only include things that are attainable and within the reach of my current financial status. During the process, I brainstormed my own ideas, borrowed some I read on Pinterest, had some help from my friends, and then narrowed it down to the 40 I felt drawn to the most. My goal was to have my list finalized and published by Thanksgiving weekend, and here we are!

My list, which is in no particular order, includes a variety of things, including travel dreams, creative aspirations, outdoor/fitness goals, and some fun things to keep it interesting over the next 10 months. I'm also devising a calendar of when I will work on and complete each item, because this girl needs a pretty, color-coded visual. I'll post updates along the way for some accountability. Welcome to my 40-before-40 journey!


Richmond Half Marathon 2013
*Complete another half-marathon
*Get photography business off the ground
*Visit Savannah
*Visit Atlanta
*Visit Beaufort
*Visit Edisto
*Visit Nashville
*Hike Mt. LeConte, Mt. Sterling, & Mt. Cammerer
*Hike at least a portion of the Foothills Trail
*Hike 300 miles
*Have one recipe that I can make from scratch
*Learn to drive a stick shift
*Learn to forgive and let go. Practice it every day.
*Write a letter to my 13-year-old self. What advice would I give? 
*Write a letter to my 60-year-old self. What am I most proud of? What would I change if I could go back in time?
*Visit 20 new waterfalls
Helton Creek Falls, GA 2018

*Find a yoga/pilates/workout video I like and actually do it regularly.
*Listen to only podcasts for a month.
*Have a professional portrait taken of Drew, Dixie & myself
*Buy a Cricut and make things for others
*Learn to quilt or crochet
*Have Girls Night Out at least once a month
*Attend at least 2 Meetup events
*Complete 40 random acts of kindness
Peru 2013
*Develop a trade skill
*Face my fear and ride a rollercoaster
*Understand my finances
*Develop & maintain a blog
*Renew my passport
*Travel internationally and add another country to my list
*Write a chapter of a book
*Take an art class at either Tryon Arts & Crafts School, John C Campbell Folk School or Penland School of Crafts
San Juan Islands 2017
*Rent a house on a lake for a weekend
*Stretch at least 4 days a week to improve my flexibility
*Get a tarot card reading
*Read 10 books
*Travel to 5 new places
*Paddle at least 30 days
*Improve my fitness and strength
*Finish this list!

Comments

  1. ✨🌷✨I love this and I enthusiastically support you!!✨🌷✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm inspired and amazed! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From My Childhood

A Pinterest Win