Progress and Podcasts

Hey ya'll! It's been a busy few weeks in my world between big work projects, holiday happenings, a visit to Raleigh to visit my brother and his family (finally got to meet my newest niece!), a trip to Florida for a conference for work, and a fairly sizable snow storm for the south, so an earlier update didn't quite happen. But it's happening now!

Progress on the 40-before-40 list has been happening in big waves, you guys. I'm super proud of myself for what I've achieved so far, and I can't wait to get busy with the rest of the list. A quick note for those keeping track: although I will officially turn 40 in September next year, my goal date for finishing the list isn't until December. I work for a camp for teenagers, and progress will slow down a bit during that awesomely chaotic time we call summer, so I've given myself an extension until the end of 2019.

So, without further ado, here's what I've been working on lately:


At the overlook from the summit of Table Rock Mountain
  • Complete another half-marathon: I've officially registered for the Asheville Half Marathon at the Biltmore in March! Oh, and I also officially registered for the Cooper River Bridge Run 10K in Charleston in April. 2019 will also be the year I get back into running more consistently...which started with my first training run yesterday.
  • Hike at least a portion of the Foothills Trail: Research has begun, and guidebook and maps will be purchased tonight as soon as this blog is done. :)
    Table Rock 
  • Hike 300 miles: Hiked the Table Rock Trail at Table Rock State Park in Upstate South Carolina today with my friend Marlie. The trail rises 2,000 feet in elevation from the trailhead to the summit of Table Rock Mountain in 3.6 miles one way, offering spectacular views of the Piedmont below. We pushed it hard as we were racing daylight, and round-trip completed in 3 hours! Forgive me if I waddle around the office tomorrow, ya'll. 
    Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Listen to only podcasts for a month: I started this endeavor on November 30, and it's going great so far! I've discovered I really love listening to podcasts on my commute to work. I'm using the app Overcast, and here are my current favorites: The Goal Digger Podcast with Jenna Kutcher; How I Built This with Guy Raz; How It Is by Hello Sunshine (Reese Witherspoon's production); Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert; and Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations. What are your favorite podcasts? 
  • Buy A Cricut and make things for others: Check, and check. I bought a Cricut Explore Air 2 as a present to myself, and made my first project for someone else last night! Photos later, as it's a gift for someone. :)
  • Develop & maintain a blog: I developed this blog a while ago, but, hey, here's my second post already! Yay!
  • Improve my fitness and strength: 2.5 mile run yesterday, followed by lifting weights and some squats and lunges. And a challenging 7-mile hike today. Good start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From My Childhood

My 40-before-40 Goals

A Pinterest Win